Thursday, May 7, 2009

A New Path--Journey of a Fat Girl

So, working as a nurse in cardiology I am reminded of what can happen if you do not take care of yourself. Unfortunately I was diagnosed with hypertension & pre-diabetes last summer in my attempts to consider having another a child. This winter I was told by my doctors I was not healthy enough to get pregnant.

. . . Well things have gotten worse, not only can I not have another baby right now, I may not be around for the 2 year old I do have. So, I am changing the focus of this blog for the next few months as a way to journal my progress on becoming a healthier mom & wife.

Right now I am at very overweight, have hypertension, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, and potentially may one day lose my kidneys. One of my nightmares is to end up on dialysis!
So, I will be updating this every few days & hopefully it might help me & someone else become healthier & happier!

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlie and Lisa Jo said...

I am so proud of your decision; if you ever want to get together and work out let me know cause I am on the same journey for different reasons. Call anytime! 964-3620

May 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger Charlie and Lisa Jo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 7, 2009 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel and Bryan said...

Michelle! I am so excited for you! Call me anytime to go walking or watch Emma while you workout, or for whatever I can do. You are such a great friend and I want you to be around when we are old grannies. (sassy grannies, of course!)

May 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home