Thursday, December 3, 2009

3 1/2 months to a Half Marathon

Watching the biggest loser on Tuesday inspired me! When I got pregnant with Emma I was training to walk a 1/2 marathon. Early pregnancy issues prevented me from continuing. I have always wanted to try doing this & 2010 is the year. This is a gift that I am giving my husband & daughter, he does not read this blog so no one tell him!!! For those of you who know me, you will understand why this is the greatest gift I could give them!

Orginally I thought of the Austin 1/2 marathon because its on Valentines Day & getting healthy will save my heart (sweet I know!). After reading about the course I changed my mind. Here is the more realistic plan.

1/1/10--Resolution Run 5k here in Round Rock
2/27/10-Super Dolphin 10k in my hometown of St. Simons Island, GA--I can visit my dad & family at the same time.
3/27/09--Zooma 1/2 Marathon in Bastrop at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort.

UNLESS, I can convince my hubby to let me race in DISNEY WORLD!!!! I truly believe my best chances of surviving one would be in the happiest place on earth! Maybe I can train for January 2011 Disney 1/2 or Full Marathon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole and Zach said...

Good Luck Michelle! You can do it- this would be awesome! If I lived closer I would train with you- I want to do a half marathon too! (but speed walking- I can't run due to my bum ankle that rebreaks everytime I try to run again!). I am sending you my support and love from Fort Worth!

December 7, 2009 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Rachel and Bryan said...

What a great goal! I'm so ready to start running again now the Ava is old enough to go to the gym daycare. Let's do a 5k together!

December 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home