Tuesday, May 12, 2009

starting over, detoxing from soda

So, my biggest addiction is Dr. Pepper & Coca-Cola ( the real stuff, not diet). I managed to go 6.5 days without it, craving it all the time. I broke down friday at noon & had one, once I started I could not stop. ALL weekend I drank cokes like water. I really feel for those suffering from alcohol or drug addiction, mine is just SODA. I was with family this weekend, stressed out so I drank it.

I am starting over today & hoping to make it 7 days without a drop of it. Making some hard decisions over the next few weeks about my life, job, & having another child. Will keep you posted for those following this :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel and Bryan said...

I used to crave diet sodas until I MADE myself start drinking more water. Now when I am thirsty, I want a big glass of water. I think you can train your brain to crave whatever you want it to. Don't beat yourself up over a relapse! You are just getting started on your happier healthier new self! And hang in there

May 14, 2009 at 6:12 AM  
Blogger Misty aka Elvisgirl said...

I was a Dr. Pepper addict as a Jr. Higher. I don't remember for sure, but I think I'd have at least six cans a day. When I realized that caffine was a drug (therefore addicting), I quit cold turkey. I had the worst headaches for at least a week. I vowed I would never put myself throught that kind of torture again. I don't think I drank Dr. Pepper for months or even years after that. When I do have a sip once a year or so, I don't know why I liked it so much in the first place. You can re-train your taste buds! Best wishes!

June 10, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home