Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Boxer Boy

Monday morning a sweet brown boxer made his way into our garage. Thinking he had escaped from one of our neighbors, ryan took him in & put signs up. Without any luck, he spent monday night with us. Tuesday I started posting on local websites & going around our neighborhood to see if someone was missing their dog.

He is a super sweet boxer that is great with Emma. We just cannot have 4 dogs in our house right now. We cannot decide if he is missing or if someone dumped him. Times are tough & people might not want to surrender their dogs if they can no longer care for them. What a complete waste. My heart is breaking thinking about taking him to the shelter. Ryans says I have to now or we will get too attached. Honestly, 2 nights with him and I already am. My best hope is that he has a chip & we will reunite him with his family. I guess the Williamson Co Shelter has better resources for getting him fostered or adopted than I do at this point. They open in 30 minutes & I am fighting back the desire to keep him a few more days. Only I know a few more days turns into a few more weeks. We are going to be gone for 8 days so its not fair to keep him much longer. He does love our 3 girl dogs & already is jumping up on the couch. 3 dogs who break out of our fence & a toddler are a lot to handle, 4 would be impossible! Good Luck to Boxer Boy, I hope you get a warm place to sleep & a family to care for you :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home