Monday, December 28, 2009

Let It Snow



Since I had to work Christmas & had the 8 days off before it we decided to visit BOTH of my families. What was supposed to be 3 days with each family turned into like 4 days with Dad's family & 1.5 days with Mom's family due to the snow. It was exhausting, but I am so thankful to have some time with each of them. Emma was the true star of the show. She made christmas cookies with Meme (my stepmom Lisa) & learned how to bread shrimp with Papa Mikee. He was quite thrilled to finally have a helper. She was a little messier than Papa was used to but they got the job done.

After our extended trip to GA, we finally made it to MD/VA to see my mom's family. After being up since 4am, Ryan had the privledge of shoveling snow at my grandmother's house so that she could safely get out & go to VA. We all ended up at my Aunt Norma's farm or what they call "the compound". Thank goodness for the 4W drive Range Rover, it was Quite an interesting experience on their driveway! In fact, the day we left 3 of their cars got stuck in the snow & my Uncle Dave had to get a tractor to pull them out!

Emma had a terrific time playing in the snow as the pictures and video will demonstrate. Our time in VA was way too short but I was so happy that my whole family got together for at least a little bit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Emma's so cute in that little red hat!

December 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Rachel and Bryan said...

I looove Emma's styly red hat!

January 4, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home