Thursday, February 25, 2010

Let It Snow-Part 2

Tuesday we were treated to snow here in Round Rock. Emma had experienced playing in the snow (lots of it) back in December but never got to see it coming down.  Before 8am we were bundled up & walking around as it came down.  I was so excited to have this day off & this experience with her. At first it was a light blanket of snow that would wax & wane throughout the day.  Everytime the snow would start back up, we had to go outside.  Emma got such a kick of watching the snowflakes fall on the doggies fur, her little giggle was infectious.  By noon there was enough in the backyard to play with. She started throwing snowballs at me & the dogs. There was snow all over her slide & she decided to go down both of them, once landing in the puddle at the bottom.  Wet pants, shoes, socks, runny nose, did not stop her from playing. I had to bribe her with popcorn & princess DVD to come inside. We went outside about 6 times that day & went through 3 pairs of pants. Around 3p the last of the major flakes came down & we went back out to "catch" them with our hands & on our tongues which really had emma giggling. My favorite was when I asked her to count the snowflakes as they came down. Once I took off her shoes & socks I realized just how wet & cold she really was. It amazes me how they totally get so excited by things that they forget how cold they are. Trust me I was thinking about it a lot more than her.
Emmaisms: "Mommy its snowing come on lets go!"  "Its snowing time, its winter time now"

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Michelle--It's Jenny from nursing school. Emma is so cute. Looks like y'all had a blast playing in the snow. And I loved all the pictures from Disney. Sounds like y'all had a great time.

February 25, 2010 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Rachel and Bryan said...

Emma looks so darn cute bundled up in her winter weather gear! Glad she got to enjoy the snow.

February 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home