Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sweet Berry Farms

A few weeks ago I headed out to Marble Falls with some friends to go Strawberry Picking.  I did it back in 2007 about 2 months before Emma was born. Then again in 2008 when Emma was 10 months old.  We missed it last year because of working full time.  I was anxiously awaiting strawberry season to open at Sweet Berry Farms.  I had to work that night but it was SO worth the drive.  I was the most beautiful day and a gorgeous drive into the country with all the wildflowers in bloom.

Emma's First Trip to Sweet Berry Farms

Future Strawberry Helper
Emma absolutely loved picking strawberries.  I taught her to pick the red strawberries. "You pick the red ones, the green ones are not right (ripe)". She was very serious about finding them and even starting helping my friend Sara find them.  Emma carried the "heavy" baskets around moving them from place to place. At the end we enjoyed a strawberry popscicle and ice cream.  The only bad part to the day was having to rush off becasue I had to go to work :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home