Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Past & Present


First Halloween

Second Halloween

Well, our halloween did not go as planned. Emma developed a bilateral ear infection which changed our plans. She did make it to her school party & mommy came to help out the teacher. I was able to leave work around 5:30 so that we could enjoy halloween together.

Unfortunately, Emma REFUSED to wear her Snow White costume. I bribed her with candy & that did not work. I hoped seeing other kiddos in costume would inspire her to wear one, NOPE. I even tried other costume options & she refused those as well!

Instead we put on her PJ's, brought her princess couch & blanket outside to hand out candy. SHE would hear kids & say "ITS COMING MOMMY, TRICK OR TREAT!" She loved handing out the candy & would say "you're welcome" to all the polite trick or treaters. We have this ghost that sings & dances to loud noises. Emma realized it quickly but her claps were never loud enough to make it happen. So once mommy tired of clapping, she figured out how to hit the drain pipe to make the ghost move. My favorite part of the evening was watching her dance & sing like a ghost. So, I have learned that my child will no longer conform to what I want her to do & to make the most out of what we've got.

1 Comments:

Blogger Twellman Family said...

Emma looks so cute in her purple fairy costume!

November 5, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home